Monday, June 25, 2012

Inferno...HOLY CRAP!

I enjoyed the game vastly right up to Hell difficulty, the third, and penultimate difficulty setting on Diablo 3.

Upon entering Inferno, it was like I hit a brick wall. I actually had an easier time of it a few weeks ago but, when Blizzard implemented Patch 1.0.3, my attack speed went down from 1.72 to around 1.10 and my Damage per Second went from around 22K to 12K. Not only that, the patch made repair costs so expensive that I end up losing more gold than making it.

Pre-patch, I was able to play right up to the Butcher. But post patch, I can barely get out of the Cathedral. I banged my head into Inferno like this until I almost became broke.

Of course, the solution to all this is to be more careful playing. Be more defensive so you will die less often. But believe me, the Elite monsters in Inferno are so powerful that you're going to die with one or two hits before you can even run away.

It has been frustrating and more than once I've logged off in anger.

Now I'm staying away from Inferno for a while. I've just been playing Acts 3 and 4 of Hell over and over just to stack up on Gold. Hopefully after a few weeks of this I'll be able to have so much gold I'll be able to buy better gear from the Auction House.

Because honestly, the drops I get from the game is just simply bad. On average, I've gotten only ONE useful gear in around two weeks of playing. In that same two weeks you amass enough gold to buy several good items of the Auction House. So what do you do? Just grind and grind or use the Auction House?

So yeah, that's what I've been doing lately. Once I get better gear, hopefully I start having fun again.

2 comments:

  1. 1.0.3 -- what a patch! They nerfed DH so bad that I'm glad that I re-rolled into a tank two weeks prior @_@

    What class/build are you running? Stacking resist and armor helped me a lot in tanking elites and uniques in act 1&2 inferno. You can do this w/ barbs and monks -- aim for around 25k hp, 900-1k resist, 6000-8000armor after all buffs have been applied. Shields w/ good %block will also help out a lot (Stormshield FTW!) With that setup, you can kill Butcher w/out having to dodge anything (gear costs around 300k-500k a piece.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Currently farming last acts of Hell, stacking up on gold to buy some better gear. I'm currently running a Monk. I'm also picking up tips from Kripparrian, who manages to clear Inferno using a Barbarian on only 500K budget for gear. When I saw that I was like... maaan. What does he do play all day? Turns out he does.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...