Wednesday, May 16, 2012

EVIL Returns and EVIL is MINE!

May 15, 2012 Wednesday saw the release of Diablo III, one of the most eagerly awaited games of the year (if not the decade which, if you think about it, was how long most of us was waiting). Before its release, the game broke several pre-sale records and became the most pre-ordered PC game of all time on Amazon.com.

I had mine reserved just to ensure I would have a copy (read about it here).

I headed off to DataBlitz at Greenbelt 1 to get my copy around 1:00 PM and while I was expecting the game to be in demand I certainly did not expect the long line at the store.

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.

I dutifully got in line and waited my turn to purchase the game. While waiting I noticed a "no Diablo III Collector's Edition" sign placed at various locations within the DataBlitz store (I guess they got tired of telling people).

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.

After waiting for almost 2 hours outside, I finally got inside the store only to find that there's another line inside!

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.

After waiting another 15 minutes or so, I finally the cashier to claim my reserved copy.

Click to enlarge.
They informed me that there were two prices: the cheaper Php 2,550.00 and the more expensive Php 3,150.00 which comes with a raffle stub to join an online contest from the folks at e-Games and a free t-shirt. Frankly, I just wanted the game so I opted to go for the cheaper option (I did get a free poster though which was enough for me).

And at last! The game is mine!

The only bummer was that I manage to rip part of the box skin up top when I was removing some piece of tape.

I didn't break out the CD and install it right away (apparently there is still a lot of bugs according to several accounts that reached me from the web). I decided to wait a bit and savor (as well as document) each part of the process including the un-boxing.

Check it out!

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.

Aside from the CD there were also a lot of nifty things that came with it.

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.

Inside you'll get the CD, the Diablo III Quick Start Guide, 3 Diablo III Guest Pass, 1 World of WarCraft Guest Pass, and a stationery.

As much as I'm excited to get hacking and slashing I still got some stuff I need to finish this week so I figure I'll wait until the weekend before I install and play the game lest it wreaks havoc with my production schedule and other important matters that require my attention.

Until then, I'll see you guys in hell!

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Im looking for a quest pass for Diablo 3, in you could lend me one i would apreciate it very much. Thank in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, man. Don't know you from Adam and those Guest Passes are already spoken for, I'm afraid. Good luck on your search. :)

      Delete
  2. WHAT?! I paid 3,150 and I got no extras! No raffle stub or a shirt... or even a freakin poster! BROCHIERE OWES ME!!

    Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised at the guest pass. I'll give them to my brother and other friends waiting for the game. What does it mean? Do they get complete access to the game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can play the game up to the Skeleton King and I think certain stuff will not be available. After that, if they still want to continue playing, they have to buy the game to access the rest of the features. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi I would like to ask something. I tried to buy a Diablo 3 CD but the vendor told me they only have an ASIAN CD. so that would only include the ASIAN server and not the Americas default? :( I tried asking them but they cannot answer my question

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...dunno what that means too actually. Probably best to ask the guys at the Diablo III forums, I guess. Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  4. Did you get a reply from the forum guys?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...