Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Serious Latency Issues


I continue to have serious latency issues. In an earlier blog entry I posted about how it became virtually impossible to play properly on the Americas server, causing me to switch to the Asian server. I was able to play OK for a while, but very soon it too became plagued with really bad latency issues. My new Crusader above already died several times because of it.

Can you imagine how frustrating it is when encountering a pack of elites, and you engage them, and everything just stops? You keep on hacking and nothing's happening. 8 seconds later everything moves again but you're dead. I'm like WTF.

Hardcore playing is SO out of the question.

This is not just because of Launch Day because I've been experiencing latency issues for about a week now. It's really soured my playing of the game. It's too bad because my Monk has been kicking ass and this new Crusader holds a lot of promise. Diablo 3 seems like a new and revitalized game. I'm so stoked to play it. But well...

It's just not me though. Looking over the forums at Battle.net, you have an endless list of people having the same issues worldwide. And yes, that includes quite a number of complaints from the Philippines.

Perhaps it is because of the launch. People have started to play Diablo 3 again after a long time and lots of people are starting to log in. Notice how I'm on a queue in the graphic above. I mean, that hasn't happened since the game first launched a couple of years ago.

With a renewed interest in the game, Blizzard has to recognize the fact that they need to make people happy at this time. This time more than ever. Many of these people have already swore off Diablo 3 (including me) and are coming back right now.

You are being given another chance Blizzard...don't blow it.

11 comments:

  1. Were you using pldt DSL? I switched last night to my phone's mobile internet, and the latency Issue was gone. Almost finished act 1 last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who's your provider and what heat was your phone packing!? Didn't think it was possible here in the Philippines, playing Diablo III using mobile internet. :D

      Delete
    2. I was with smart LTE using nexus 5. I am not sure if I was on the 4g network the whole time since I get speeds between 3mbps to 12mbps around our area in pasig. I had to turn off the phone and stop the game every hour or so since the battery gets hot. I am not sure if it was because I was charging it at the same time. Anyway, I checked my data consumption and tethering consumed only around 80mb. I think I played around the same time you did, around 7:30pm, since I was surfing the net to see if I was the only one with latency issues.

      Delete
  2. Thankfully, I don't have the same problems (I'm on Globe Broadband here in Makati FYI).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually better playing today! Kicked ass and now up to level 24 on my Crusader!

      Delete
    2. I hope to get my copy of ROS next week! :D

      Delete
  3. Hi there, I'm using PLDT and i'm experiencing the same lag problem until now, maybe switching to another ISP might be the remedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calling PLDT Broadband support 172, they already have an automated message admitting they're currently having problems. And it looks like it's been a while. But they seemed to have fixed it, at least here in San Pablo, because I was able to play the Americas server again for a couple of hours lag free.

      Delete
  4. Please need link on how to download this game. :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...