Thursday, September 26, 2013

Battle Tips: Is there "Monster Power" in console version of Diablo III?

I got alot of questions about this by people who played the PC version of Diablo III. And so let me get straight to the point.

Short answer: YES THERE IS.

Long answer: It's not called "Monster Power" and it works a little differently for the console version. It's called "Difficulty". And the previous "Difficulty" mode in Diablo III (Normal / Nightmare / Hell / Inferno) is now called "Modes". Sounds a little confusing? Here's a quick video I made about it:


I've discussed about "Difficulty" modes in brief in my previous post, but for the sake of the PC gamers, here's a detailed comparison between "Monster Power":
  • Easy Difficulty = no bonuses
  • Medium Difficulty = no bonuses
  • Hard Difficulty = no bonuses
  • Master I Difficulty = Monster Power 6
  • Master II Difficulty = Monster Power 7
  • Master III Difficulty = Monster Power 8
  • Master IV Difficulty = Monster Power 9
  • Master V Difficulty = Monster Power 10

Here's a breakdown of how bonuses stack up per Master Difficulty level:
  • Master I = +60% Magic Find, +60% Gold Find, +120% XP Bonus
  • Master II = +70% Magic Find, +70% Gold Find, +140% XP Bonus
  • Master III = +80% Magic Find, +80% Gold Find, +160% XP Bonus
  • Master IV = +90% Magic Find, +90% Gold Find, +180% XP Bonus
  • Master V = +100% Magic Find, +100% Gold Find, +200% XP Bonus

I've taken some screenshots with my stats in-game, showing how the bonuses affect players when they change the difficulty level.


Now does this translate in gameplay? Monsters are definitely far more stronger, and more deadlier in Master Difficulties. I've recorded some gameplay footage showing you just how harder Master difficulties can get. Take a look:


So what do you guys think? Sound off your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...