Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Diablo III's Auction Houses will finally be no more!

The highly controversial "Auction Houses" will soon be removed from the PC version of Diablo III. In a surprising move by Blizzard, they have announced just now that they will be removing the said feature in order to ensure players that killing monsters in-game will be the most compelling and rewarding way to get better gear. Here's the announcement video:



If you're one of those people who are not fond of the Auction House feature, this may sound as good news. But the kicker? It will be implemented NEXT YEAR, on March 18th, 2014. My guess is that it will be launched along side the expansion pack release.

Despite the said announcement of the Auction House being shut down, there's still no word as to whether or not the PC version will finally have a completely offline mode of play, something that console gamers of Diablo III are currently enjoying.

Blizzard has released an FAQ about the said announcement. You can read up about it here: Diablo III Auction House Update FAQ

So what do you think? Are you alright with the sudden decision by Blizzard to shut down Auction Houses? Or do you think its a mistake? Sound off your comments below. :)

9 comments:

  1. To me I think it's a good thing. If people want to trade/buy items, then let them do it off game like they did with Diablo 2. It's so demoralizing seeing people just buy stuff and get really awesome gear while you have to endlessly farm for days on end just to get a few lousy items. While the auction house was there, it was a thing that didn't make me feel good about playing. So yeah, I welcome it.

    And since the auction house is the reason why they insist on the game being always online, I'm pretty sure the offline mode will now be an option. If not, then what the f?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for it but I hope they make the Tomes of Secret (and other required pages to combine gems) available via the in-game merchants. :D

      Delete
    2. @Jonas:
      If I'll be basing it off the console version, I don't think you'd be having problems with the gems if they remove the AH. Coz in the console version, they introduced a mechanic where you can create those said tomes by combining pages of jewelcraft or blacksmithing, which you can easily loot from monsters on Nightmare mode. :D

      Delete
    3. @Gerry:
      Same here. The AH was actually one of the reasons why I skipped the PC version entirely and waited out for the console version. And the moment I played the console version, I didn't miss or even look for the AH feature at all. It's something that truly doesn't belong IMHO.

      As for the offline mode, I'm hoping that would be implemented too, as that would be a blast! If that ever does happen, I may finally purchase the game for my laptop so I can play D3 on the go. Although I honestly prefer the console version still, because of the control system. I found it to be really compelling and I actually like it better than the keyboard+mouse setup. If Blizzard decides to support gamepads for the expansion though... that would be sweet. :D

      Delete
  2. There has actually been feedback that the console version is better than the PC version. I wouldn't get to try it myself though because I don't have a console device and I'm not really planning on buying one.

    I've been trying to boot up my own game (I haven't played in almost a year), and it's taking so long to update. Ganun ba talaga?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. There has been a LOT of updates and your game is probably doing it all at once.

      Delete
  3. @Gerry:
    Yep, and having played the console version myself, I can definitely say it is the better version of Diablo III. :) The good thing about the console version, is you can play with your buddies offline via local co-op with just one console. Heck if you guys are near my place, I could've just brought my console and we could have a couch multiplayer session for the heck of it. :D

    But seeing the announcement of Blizzard's removal of the RMAH, I'm pretty hopeful that they will also introduce the improvements from the console version to the PC version. Removing the RMAH, pretty much assures that the loots will be better than it is before, and if the console version is any indication, you guys will have a great time. :)

    As for booting up the PC version, I wouldn't know of it, as I don't have a copy of the PC version. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...