Thursday, August 28, 2014

Odds and Ends

I sold my Cartographer's Toolkit which was going for 50,000 gold.

This item was part of the legendary crafting materials which were removed from the game in patch 2.0.6 in June 2014.

It doesn't have any use anymore according to the Diablo III Wiki (click here) and I can use the gold, perfecting gems (my old obsession).

The most gold I had at any given time was around 20,000,000 but I squandered it all away most on combining gems.

I just can't help myself. They're so nice and shiny!

Also got a Keystone of Trials from one of my adventures enabling me to teleport to the Realm of Trials.

The Realm of Trials is an area where players fight waves of monsters to earn higher level Greater Rift Keys.

I tried going at it solo and died at around wave 19. It should be more fun with a group.

This is only found in Adventure Mode in Reaper of Souls or the Ultimate Evil Edition.

Ans speaking of Greater Rift Keys...

I got one!

Higher level Greater Rift Keystones, enables players to start in higher level Greater Rifts.

Wave after wave of monsters spawn attack you with each wave tougher than the one before.

This process continues until you're unable to finish a wave within the time limit.

Don't forget though: there is also no way to respec your skills or change around equipment while in a Trial.


I might try a different build next time and see what happens.

5 comments:

  1. Just started playing the console version (PS3) of Reaper of Souls (aka. Ultimate Evil Edition) and man it was SO DAMN WORTH THE WAIT!! :D I loved all the little detail in the game, and the Crusader class is just... AMAZING!! I don't think I'll be playing as my Barbarian anytime soon, as I find myself loving my Crusader character alot. :D Can't wait to get to Act V and unlocking the other new modes of Reaper of Souls!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, man. The Crusader's my main character now!

      Delete
    2. Saya nya!! Hahahaha!! That and he doesn't take things too seriously. He's super sarcastic and laughs off alot of the troubles they encounter sa game. He practically is the complete opposite of how people envision a noble warrior. And for the most part, I can definitely relate with the Crusader's character, specially the part where he loves to joke alot even in times of trouble. XD

      Delete
  2. Nawe-weirdohan lang ako sa characterization niya considering that Crusaders are supposed to be zealots. But then again most of the characters are way too serious so a wise-cracking Crusader could balance things off somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, although the Paladins of Diablo II already served that description. I think Blizz is trying to differentiate the Crusaders from the Paladins, not only by its abilities but by its characteristic. Another thing to note, the Paladins stayed in Zakarum, while the Crusaders marched west, taking up apprentices who took the fallen Crusaders shields and name. I remember reading up a journal that describes a chronicler telling how the Crusaders who returned looked taller and nothing like the original team who left Zakarum years before.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...