Thursday, April 26, 2012

Whattup, Philippine Gaming Fans?

I've been visiting the Blizzard site in anticipation of the May 15 release of the game, and I noticed that many places across the world will be having launch events, including several places in Asia.

There's one in Taiwan, another in Singapore, and another in Bangkok.

None in the Philippines? Come on guys! I don't pretend to be a hardcover Pinoy gamer (because I'm not). I'm just a casual gamer who play at most an hour a day to relieve stress.

Outside of Diablo I really don't play any other big games like WOW or Counterstrike (wow, so 90s huh?). Sometimes I'd play something like Bejewelled Blitz or Angry Birds or the random shooter or hidden object game but that's it.

But I'm sure there's a huge audience out there of hardcore Pinoy gamers who are waiting for this game with insane anticipation. So much so that it should may very well warrant some kind of launch event. I'm kind of disappointed there isn't. Perhaps I'm mistaken? That there aren't enough gamers here to warrant it?

Or worse, there aren't enough *ahem* LEGAL users to make it worth Blizzard's while?

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, there are a bunch of Pinoy gamers who see Diablo as the ONLY game worthy of their time since 1996. Forget CS, forget WOW, forget about the Ragnarok lamegame anime 5#it for kids and MU or Tantra diablo-clones.

    We are just waiting in the blinds man, the moment Blizzard imposes that greedy battlenet connected single play, we are looking at it outside looking in. But we assure you, we will be playing D3 by hook or by crook come May 15 0000 hrs Manila time. Just keep this site updated..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Narj! We'll be here for the long haul. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...