Saturday, May 19, 2012

Thus it Begins...

Like a little kid who has dutifully finished his veggies and has thus earned his dessert, I installed Diablo III after finishing off all of my outstanding projects.

I've been putting it off for a few days now (I actually got the game on May 15, 2012) because I'm afraid that I'm going to miss all my deadlines once I start playing, similar to what happened when Diablo II came out somewhere back in the year 2000. But now that no obstacle (read: work) remains in my way, I decided that it's time to begin my decent into hell.

I brought out the box and popped that Diablo III CD in there and let 'er rip! And boy did it ever!


You're going to need to create a Battle.Net account before you start to install the game (don't worry...registration is fast and it's free). Just head on over to Battle.Net!


During installation there were was the requisite eerie background music playing which started as something like from Simon and Garfunkel and ended up as something Wagner-inspired. Aside from the music, you're treated to a story told in motion comics style (the illustration done in rough pencils was just gorgeous) giving you an overview of this particular chapter in the Diablo series.


After installation, I proceeded to create my character (Barbarian of course) and put him through his paces. I was supposed to take some screenshots of my first few adventures but it seems that I can't take any screenshots while being in-game which was a bummer.

Diablo III does take some getting used to however (it seems a lot more complicated now) but the game (thus far) remains as exciting as I remember it (more even).

I'll see you guys in hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...