Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Diablo III thus far...

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.
I reserved a copy at Data Blitz weeks before Diablo III came out, I waited patiently in line for my turn to get my grubby little hands on a copy of the game on D-Day, installed it and the next thing you know I was back in Tristram!

I battled as a Barbarian (but of course) and, though the new skill system with all these runes and shit took a bit of getting used to, I managed to muddle my way through.

Some observations:

1. It wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be (though that could probably be attributed to my high expectations).

2. Needing a stable internet connection to play kinda sucks sometimes (lag death, server maintenance, etc).

3. The Auction House is awesome but the price tags on some of the items are just outrageous!

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.
There's lot of things to do however...like color coordinating my armor via dyes care of the local merchants. I used white dye on all of my items to make me look more like one of the archangels...and also because it was the cheapest they had.

I'm saving up on gold to try and purchase better armor and equipment.

I'm almost at Level 60 (currently at Level 59 as of this writing) and it kinda makes me sad because of the level cap at 60. After that you're going to have to rely on jewels, magical armor, and weapons with unique qualities to better your character's stats.

That being said, Diablo III is still a delight to play and I will be playing it for quite some time.

After I'm through running my Barbarian character through all the difficulty levels, I'm a-gonna take all the other characters for a spin.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...