Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Hardcore Barbarian Finally Dies


Damn... well, there you go. My Hardcore Barbarian finally dies right in Act 1 of Nightmare, just before I entered Leoric's Manor.

I encountered TWO Elite Packs in this area where I used up all my offensive skills to dispatch the first one. I didn't see the second pack until it was almost on top of me. With my offensive skills still on cooldown I was caught vulnerable, pinned by the Elite's jailer affix, and unable to run.

I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would but I have to be honest and say I didn't expect to die so soon (not after breezing through Normal with very little difficulty). It was my mistake. I got complacent. I wish I could say it won't happen again as I won't be attempting Hardcore again.

One thing this has taught me though, is how strong Barbarians really are. My first Diablo 3 character was a non-hardcore Barbarian but, because I had a hard time getting a grasp of the game that early, I ditched that character at Level 16 and went with a Monk. And it was with a Monk that went the distance until Level 60.

But now I've gotten a better handle on the game and a better handle on Barbarians that I've revisited my Level 16 Barbarian and I'll be taking him from there. It will be the character I will be playing for much of the time from now on.

2 comments:

  1. Condolence bro (at least your barb did not die to random trash mobs when the server lags, altho there's that unused fountain trolling at 11o'clock.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you're right. Holy crap. So close and yet so far...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...